“The projects that have the best outcomes start from a clearly articulated vision that is tested early against budget and program aspirations, considering all the potential risks”Guy Fisher, Principal – Fisher Brennan Consulting
Professional project management is an end to end process which requires an objective, pragmatic approach. The successful delivery of a development or refurbishment starts at the conception of the idea, in the pre-feasibility stage. Successful projects are projects that effectively identify and manage the risk and capitalise on the opportunities. We conceptualise this process in the model below that broadly describes the process.
We develop a bespoke Project Management Plan (PMP) for every development ensuring that everyone is on the same page from day one regardless of what stage your project is at. Your PMP will describe the process and the timelines so the whole development team stays on track.
Communication IS the Key
A successful project is, above anything else, a collaboration between a group of people with a common goal. Good, effective, communication between the organisations and individuals is driven by project culture. We strive to develop a project team culture based on mutual good will and trust. There is a time for process, procedure and agreements but optimal success comes from the sum of the parts being greater than the whole.
A lot of time can be wasted in meetings. If meetings aren’t adding value they should be re-evaluated by all parties and alternatives considered. Fisher Brennan Consulting strive to achieve effective meetings and workshops that have an agenda with clear responsibilities and outcomes. Chaired effectively, they are an opportunity cover a considerable exchange of information between parties in far less time than other forms of communication.
Every project is different and every client brings their own perspective. Our approach to Project Management would generally combine a mix of the following services as required:
- Planning review and approvals
- Stakeholder / end user engagement and consultation
- Project needs analysis (scoping)
- Engagement of consultants
- Initial risk and opportunity workshop
- Project feasibility support
- Site investigation / due diligence
- Design management including co-ordination
- Administration of agreements consultants and contractors
- Appraisal of appropriate delivery models
- Approach to and management of tendering
- Tender analysis and negotiation
- Contract Administration
- Monitoring of progress and issues of non-conformance during construction
- Co-ordination of the Request for Information (RFI) process
- Assessment of claims relating to time and cost.
- Assessment and Certification of Progress Claims
- Assessments of the precedents to completion
- Co-ordination of the handover process including end user training
- Monitoring of the contractor during the Defect Liability Period (DLP)